SIGN-UP NOW TO BE A 2017 ORIENTATION LEADER NOW
Orientation Leaders are an important part of Orientation at Mount Saint Vincent University. Orientation Leaders are Mount students who work and train together to help ensure new Mount students have a safe, positive and educational experience.
Research suggests students experience a higher rate of success if they have been given the opportunity to become familiar with their new environment and to connect with other students. New students will be nervous and excited and will likely have a lot of questions to ask but be hesitant about asking them. What you provide to these new students as an Orientation Leader will help them to settle in and feel more comfortable and confident about their choice to attend the Mount and their ability to succeed. Your role provides a personal contact for new students, and your efforts will greatly impact the experience they will have at the Mount.
As a member of the orientation team, you will:
• Become a role model to all new MSVU students and a personal mentor to a group of new students.
• Take part in the MSVU Orientation Leadership Retreat.
• Enhance your communication, leadership and group facilitation skills.
• Begin creating a network with other students, staff, and faculty that will help you further your educational and career goals.
• Increase your knowledge of our wonderful MSVU community.
• Receive a great Orientation Leader pack including your official Leader shirt, attend Leader appreciation parties throughout the academic year, and other terrific surprises.
• Have the opportunity to make many new friends!
There are different Orientation Leader designations which you may apply for.
Mount students may choose to apply to become a:
– Senior Leader
– General Leader
– Orientation Assistant
Training for Leaders will take place at the Orientation Leader training retreat prior to the September Orientation Week.
If you would like to be considered for an Orientation Leader position, please fill out the online leader application here.